Masterclass 'Make your photo project successful' with Evelien Kunst
Are you looking for a strong foundation upon which to make your photo projects successful? Would you like to increase your chances of a publication or with getting a subsidy application approved? And are you looking for structure, new opportunities and motivation?
In October, 2017 the Fotoacademie and Evelien Kunst started collaborating on a new program for professional photographers, which has now been expanded by a second group since January, 2018. Over the course of six months Evelien Kunst worked together with a small ambitious group of photographers on making their photo project more successful. The group met once a month on average and in the meantime there was time for the photographers to work on their project and sharpen their project proposal and pitch.
As a result of this collaboration, photographers won awards, had successful pitches, got projects funded or published or simply moved forward with their projects exploring paths that they didn’t know existed.
This summer, the Fotoacademie and Evelien Kunst will offer a condensed intensive 3-day master class for both (inter)national photographers – and non-Dutch speaking photographers.
During her years of experience with World Press Photo and NOOR, Evelien has had the privilege of working with some of the best documentary photographers in the world. She saw lots of examples of successful photo projects and used this knowledge to develop the Storytelling Canvas model for other photographers as a guide to use when developing their own projects.
During this masterclass, you will work with the Storytelling Canvas model on your project plan & presentation. This masterclass also focuses on preparing and presenting your business pitch.
A successful photographer is not just someone who is visually trained and has talent for finding and developing great visual stories. Successful photographers are also trained and ready to put their work into context, present an argument, market themselves and their work and excel in networking, negotiating and organizing.
Evelien Kunst will touch upon all of the aspects that you need to develop when running your business as a photographer who is ambitious about getting your stories out there.
All participants are expected to bring a developed photo project (finished or in progress) to the table.
After this 3-day masterclass you will be fully prepared to present your project. All progress and results will be discussed intensively within the group.
- This masterclass brings you focus & motivation, new ideas , a ready-to-go & sharp project summary & business pitch, trained business skills, and an inspiring network of photographers & Amsterdam!
- Maximum of 8 photographers
- Relevant for photographers of all disciplines
Length of the masterclass:
- 3 full days from 09:00 till 17:00 on 28, 29 and 30 June 2018 including self study in afternoon & evenings. with less than 5 participants, the planning will be adjusted
- € 895,- (early birds pay € 795,- valid until 20 May 2018)
- no registration fee
- a bachelors degree photography and/or relevant experience as a professional photographer
- based on portfolio, education and / or professional experience
- Evelien Kunst